1. Send your partner a hand written note. It could be to thank them for things they do so you don’t have to, like paying the insurance, or the property taxes, registering the vehicles, all that dull stuff that has to be done, Or an apology note for all the stupid things you’ve done in the last 12 mo. Perhaps you forgot to pay the taxes, register the vehicle or pay your insurance. Maybe you forgot an anniversary or a birthday? You forgot to pick the children up from school or daycare…that might have put you in the doghouse.
2. Read a sexy book together. Reading out loud to each other can be a really sweet gesture. Maybe your idea of sexy is a cookbook, or an article out of Popular Mechanics, be a good and patient listener if it’s not your thing.
3. Spend some time together with no devices and your work has been put away. How can you connect with each other when you are connecting instead with everyone else. Be present.
4. Spa together, get a massage, book a manicure or pedicure together.
5. Go to bed early and watch a rom-com together. Throw popcorn at the screen if it’s bad, or better yet turn it off and have a reason to change the sheets.
6. Layout your partners favorite outfit, or work uniform, or the children’s school clothes complete with shoes and socks